Ok.... so today we have taken a step backward. Last night Jenna was doing well and they slowly were able to increase her feeds to 30 ml. No issues or problems. She even slept well (and that can be hard to do in the PICU). Today her tummy decided it didn't want to work again. She backed up to a residual of 60 cc and she was only getting 30 cc in an hour. So her feeds were stopped. Even after she didn't receive any feeds for an hour, she still had 60 cc in her tummy. : ( All but 2 meds are now given via IV as she didn't seem to absporb any of her 11 am meds. She will also be starting IV Zantac for tummy discomfort and she is also on IV antibiotics for a UTI. After the residual showed that the same 60 cc were in her tummy, then ended up dumping it. So we start over.
Surgery came in and stated they will follow her again, but nothing surgical is needed at this time. Abdominal xrays looked the same as they did on the 20th, multiple gas-fluid levels in the intestines. Jenna is followed by GI in Rochester and I have talked to the ICU Fellow about contacting him and seeing if he has any suggestions.
Plans are to restart feeds at 20 ml this evening. I guess we'll see how that goes.
SMA - Spinal Muscular Atrophy